To withdraw consent, simply tell whoever issued your card (the bank, building society or credit card company) that you don’t want the payment to be made.
You can tell the card issuer by phone, email or letter.
Your card issuer has no right to insist that you ask the company taking the payment first.
How do I stop a recurring credit card payment?
Step-by-step continuous payment authority cancellations
- Cancel the payment with the company you pay. This is the easiest way to start.
- Ask your bank or credit card provider to cancel it. The Financial Conduct Authority has stated banks MUST cancel a continuous payment authority when asked.
How do I stop recurring payments?
To stop the next scheduled payment, give your bank the stop payment order at least three business days before the payment is scheduled. You can give the order in person, over the phone or in writing. To stop future payments, you might have to send your bank the stop payment order in writing.
How do I cancel a continuous payment authority?
To cancel a CPA you’ll need to contact the company taking the payment, or your bank to cancel your recurring payment. This can be done over the phone, by email or in a bank branch, and we also have a continuous payment authority template letter (pdf) you can use to do this.
How do I cancel a card subscription?
How to cancel a Credit Card subscription/recurring charge
- Login to your account.
- Hover over Buyer in the top menu.
- Hover over Shopping.
- Click Subscriptions – you’ll now see a list of all your recurring payments.
- Click [Cancel] under the subscription ID you wish to cancel.
- Your subscription is now cancelled.